Soak 2 cups of dried chickpeas in a bowl of water over night, drain and rinse before using. If you have an extra day, put the chick peas in a mason jar or clear bowl. Rinse every 4-6 hours to keep peas moist. When a tail sprouts, they are ready to use and eat. Also a delicious snack!
Substitution Tips: Add fresh herbs, spices and use different nut butters (sunflower seed butter, pumpkin seed butter or almond butter) to change the flavor
INGREDIENTS: In a food processor, blend…
- 2 cups of soaked and sprouted chickpeas
- 2 cloves raw garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of tahini (sesame butter)
- Juice from 1 lemon (approx. 3-4 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin seeds or powder
- Olive oil (for moisture, as desired)
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley (optional)
For best flavor, let sit over night
Eat with raw veggies; zucchini, carrots, celery, broccoli, mushrooms, cauliflower, etc.