Mummy Food – A wholesome constipation recipe. You should eat it because:
- Constipation is a national problem affecting up to 90% of American adults as well as children
- The Standard American Diet (SAD) does not contain adequate fiber. The FDA considers 2 grams a good source of fiber and 5 grams a high source of fiber….so with these figures, you’d have to eat 20 pieces of fiber bread in order to get enough…how does that work towards preventing diabetes? Who’s eating most of their fiber from fruits and veggies? Not SAD dieters, or many Paleo dieters.
- You probably don’t drink enough water
- You might not move your body enough to maintain regularity – have jumped up and down repeatedly today?
- You’re tense, you clench, you’re rushing from one place to another, never taking the time to properly sit on the bowl and evacuate the remains from our previous day. You hold your emotions in your digestive tract.
- You rely on stimulants to have a movement. While you may be having a daily movement, it is likely not complete.
So there’s Mummy Food– which came to Edgar Cayce “In a dream, concerning the discovery of ancient records in Egypt, a mummy came to life to help him translate these records. This mummy gave directions for the preparation of food that she required, thus the name “mummy food.”. . . For particular individuals [Cayce] stated that it was “almost a spiritual food.” Whether you are into Edgar Cayce or not, Mummy Food is the bomb.
And so we have a traditional fiber recipe, is a nutritious fine-tasting constipation recipe.
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- ½ cup organic yellow corn meal*****
- 1 cup chopped dried mission figs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil or MCT
- 2-3 cups coconut milk/organic soy milk*****- Until good consistency
*****Organic, because you don’t want an overload of GMO pesticides in your medicine
Combine these ingredients in a sauce pan and simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring often and adding more mylk if needed to prevent sticking. Serve with extra coconut milk if desired. This recipe serves 8. A convenient way to prevent sticking and have your mummy food ready first thing in the morning is to use the crock pot method. Can blend it to make it smooth.
Take 2 Tablespoons for adults and 1 T for children under 12.