About Dr. Millie
Millennia Ruth Lytle, affectionately known as Dr. Millie, is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor and Certified Nutrition Specialist with a special interest in solving health puzzles, naturally. She “fills gaps of care your doctor doesn’t” with Naturopathic Medicine and custom-made nutrition programs. She is a member of Tournesol Wellness’ Primary Care Team and works in tandem with the medical team to improve primary care in New York. She has a goal of living until 120 years old and invites you on her journey.
Dr. Millie’s modalities are functional, whole foods and clinical nutrition, herbs, homeopathy, hypnotherapy, lifestyle and mind-body medicine. She incorporates education and research in the fields of epigenetics and nutrigenomics in order to help her patients make bio-individual transformation.
Dr. Millie holds an undergraduate degree in women’s health (sociology) from the University of Toronto and a four-year doctorate diploma from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (2002). In 2008, Dr. Millie received a scholarship from the Robert Bosch Foundation to study Complementary and Alternative Research Methodologies in Potsdam, before going on to complete an International Master’s in Public Health in Hamburg, Germany.
Dr. Millie is a published researcher, experienced radio host and author. She is the founder of Eating for MeaningTM, a unique nutrition program to transform your relationship to food, which she teaches at the New York Open Center and abroad. She is a licensed ND with the District of Columbia, a licensed nutrition specialist with the BCNS and a member of the NYANP.
Dr. Millie is the Author of Eating for Meaning Workbook and Eating for Meaning Guide to Detox. Finally, her passion to educate expands into peer to peer education. She is co-founder of Nat Med Coach, offering membership and expert health programs by Naturopathic Doctors and Health Coaches on pertinent topics affecting your life. Dr. Millie and her business partner, Dr. Patricia Pimentel Selassie also mentor health coaches in their Naturopathic Doctors for Health Coaches VIP program, transforming health coaches to experts in their chosen niche, as part of a larger movement to heal the world. She also sits on the Medical Review Board for the School of Applied Functional Medicine.
– Member of Primary Care Team for Tournesol Wellness
– Naturopathic Physician– Government of the District of Columbia Department of Health – License NP-0057
– Certified by the Board of Certified Nutrition Specialists – License 16383
– Medical Advisor for the School of Applied Functional Medicine
– Medical Advisor for BeatCancer.org
– New York Association of Naturopathic Physicians – NYANP Professional Member
– NPLEX Clinical Science Examinations Writing Team- Pharmacology
– Graduate of The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (ND), 2002
– Graduate of the University of Hamburg of Applied Sciences, Germany (MPH), 2010
– Graduate of the University of Toronto (B.A.), 1998
– Co-founder of the Association of Perinatal Naturopathic Doctors (APND), 2002-2006
Dr. Millie helps creative women address chronic pain, autoimmune disease and a series of health concerns that result from imbalances, as far as they can be corrected and adjusted through mind-body, nutrition and natural means. The mind-body-soul is one being, and ill health in one area impacts other areas of the body. Holistic health care includes conditions related to:
- Hormonal and Life Changes
- Blood Sugar and Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure and Electrolytes
- Digestion and Detox
- Cellular and Organ Systems
- Immune and Autoimmune
- Energy and Mitochondrial dysfunction
- Stress and Endocrine
- Sleep and Circadian Rhythm
- Cancer and Epigenetics
- Gifted and ESP Patients